The Business Administration degrees are designed for three major purposes: to fulfill the necessary requirements for working towards a Bachelor’s degree; to equip students with technical knowledge and skills to enter the business workforce; or to update workplace skills. Students wishing to transfer to a four-year university will pursue the Associate in Business - Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Ready Pathway (AB-DTA/MRP) degree option, those looking to gain technical knowledge and skills should pursue the AAS degree or certificate options, and those pursuing the Bachelor of Applied Science in Business Management (BASM) degree at YVC should select the Associate of Applied Science - Transfer in Business Administration (AAS-T). See your advisor to get insight on which path is the best for you, given your specific goals.
Upon successful completion of this program the student should be able to:
- Communicate effectively and efficiently, applying interpersonal and cultural awareness to business settings.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze and problem solve in business situations.
- Apply quantitative reasoning to solve accounting and financial problems that occur in business.
- Identify and apply ethical principles as they relate to contemporary business organizations.
- Identify and apply information tools and resources within organizations.
- Explain core marketing principles and their use in managerial decision making and developing business strategy.
- Understand and apply basic legal business concepts within the environment of how business is conducted.
- Accounting (AAS)
- Agribusiness (AAS)
- Business Administration (AAS-T)
- Business Management (AAS)
- Business Management - Entrepreneurship Specialty (AAS)
- Business Management - Marketing Specialty (AAS)
ProgramsCertificate - Professional/TechnicalAssociate