Our modern facility offers several computer classrooms, one hardware classroom, and one network classroom. Practical development is stressed in Information Technology classes as students are presented with strategies for applying their studies to present and future needs of technology-related careers. The faculty will deliver excellent instruction, and the college is dedicated to providing students with the tools to succeed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact an IT advisor or refer to the program website at www.yvcc.edu/IT
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Apply current industry practices and standards to business challenges and opportunities.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with peers and clients.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to troubleshoot technological problems and apply solutions.
Through advising sessions with an IT advisor the student will select a degree option which includes a 59-credit core and specialized classes related to the degree track. Degrees are awarded upon completion of the required degree courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (C).
Besides these core requirements, students must have demonstrated proficiency in these areas:
- Keyboarding proficiency is required and may be fulfilled by completing BT 101 or passing the keyboarding proficiency test administered by the Information Technology department.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system is highly recommended for all IT courses. Enroll in IT 102: Windows if you do not have this experience.
For more information on employment trends, contact the Washington State Employment Security Department at www.esd.wa.gov. Additional information is available at www.wa.gov.
Students earning an AAS degree may go on to earn a bachelor of applied science degree (BAS) in information technology from YVC. If you are interested, talk with your advisor.
ProgramsCertificate - Professional/TechnicalAssociateBachelor of Applied ScienceCertificate-Professional/Technical